Wisdom Healthcare Floating Support Service is a flexible peripatetic service providing or facilitating a range of low to medium support interventions, to people with a diagnosed mental illness in their own homes or tenancies with the aim of enabling or maintaining independence.
The service will act as a broker: assessing an individual’s needs and enabling access to other locally available services, both initially and in the longer term. The service is provided for a maximum period of up to 1 year but with a clear exit strategy. When the support is no longer required, it floats off to another person who needs it. If a person needs support again in the future it can return to them.
The aim of the service is to provide a support package that is individually tailored to meet each person’s needs and is outcome based to support them to achieve their maximum degree of independent living. The service includes:
- Ensuring that Service Users are receiving the correct benefits they are entitled to;
- Empowering Service Users to maintain their tenancy;
- Debt Management and budgeting;
- Benefit Advice and maximising income;
- Support with practical tasks and day-to-day living
- Socialising within the Community;
- Education and training;
- Access to other local services within the community;
Wisdom Healthcare’s Floating Support service can be accessed via any professional; involved in the Service Users care i.e. Case-worker, CPN, Social Workers and so forth.